Wednesday 23 March 2016

My Best Friend's Wedding

July 19, 2015 was a spectacular and beautiful day! 

My best friend Rachel got married and I was so honoured to be a part of it. 


In my mind Rachel and Adam have always been the perfect couple. They absolutely adore each other!



I was so excited when Rachel asked me to be one of her Bridesmaids! We met at the University of Lethbridge in Sociology 1000. In a class of 250 people, I was lucky enough to sit by her that first day. We hit it off right away, and have been friends ever since... She is one of the most amazing people I know and puts her friends first everytime. Her caring heart never ceases to amaze me and I feel lucky everyday that I have her in my life.


At 6 am, I awoke bright and early and drove over to the hotel, where the rest of the bridal party were already getting ready for the Ceremony. We had room service while we did our hair and makeup and once we were all ready and done up, Rachel gave us beautiful clutches and bracelets!



After a beautiful ceremony, we headed to Fish Creek Park to take pictures.  It was such a beautiful day outside, I couldn't believe how hot it was, especially because it was super rainy the day before. 




So... here's my crazy pants story of the day.

This was the first day that I had been away from Asher longer than 3 hours so my boobs were really starting to hurt, but my breast pump was back at the hotel. By the time pictures were done and we got back to the hotel, it was time to set up for the reception so I had no time to pump! 

Rachel and Adam had asked me to write a song for them and perform it at their reception. I was so happy with how the song turned out and I couldn't wait for them to hear it, but by the time I was all set up and done with sound check, it was time for the bridal party entrance into the Reception. By this time by bra was completely soaked with milk and I had no time to change (not like I could change haha) so I was just so glad the dress was dark and I prayed nobody could see.

The moment I started playing all I could think about was the pain from my guitar pressing on my boobs and just PRAYING that I didn't leak through. It is actually quite comical looking back on this situation, even though it sure hurt at the time! 

After a lovely dinner, beautiful toasts, the first dance and cutting of the cake, my mom called me telling me that Asher wouldn't take a bottle all day and that he was really hungry. I said goodbye to the Bride and Groom and drove home crying and massaging my boobs the whole way home. 

If anyone has ever breastfeed before, just picture feeding your baby at 6 in the morning and then not feeding them until 10:30 pm.....without pumping! Absolutely crazy!


Okay okay, so enough about me and my #boobproblems and back to the song. I will make another post about the song specifically and eventually post it on my youttube channel, but first I want to give a bit of an idea how it went down.

A couple months before the wedding, Rachel and Adam came over and I interviewed them both separately and asked them a bunch of questions. The love that they felt for each other was so evident and I was so excited to write the song. It took me 2 days to write and I was so happy with the finished product because I feel like it portrayed their relationship perfectly.




I love this girl more than words can say. She was a beautiful bride and her wedding day couldn't have been more perfectly planned or beautiful. 

Rachel and Adam I am so happy for you guys!!

-A.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mandy! I love you! I couldn't have asked for a better friend standing next to me on my wedding day! Your song was absolutely amazing and we are so happy you were able to write it and sing it for us despite your back pain. You are amazing!

    I am so sorry for the pain you had to go through on the wedding day with pumping! You are the best best friend for sticking through everything despite what you were feeling. Thank you so much for being apart of our day by standing next to us and signing your amazing song. I love you and couldn't imagine my life without you ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete