Thursday 27 February 2014

January Update: Garth, Primary, Baby Swim Class and Music!

I feel like I sometimes forget to focus on Garth and what he is up to personally in this blog, and that is a shame because he is amazing and talented and should be written about. 

Garth started his second last semester for his Combined Economics and Kinesiology degree this January. After this semester is over he will only have 3 more classes to complete it, and I'll tell ya, I can't wait until that semester when I might actually get to see this guy once in awhile. He is so busy! With a full course load of 4000 level classes you'd think that would keep him busy enough, but he also has two church callings, as a Sunday School teacher and Mission Prep Institute Teacher. This is his fourth semester teaching mission prep and he loves it! He is usually gone all day and Tuesday/Thursdays he is gone all day and all night. Luckily, I convinced him that he was too busy this semester to head coach the Churchill Jr. basketball team like he has in the past. I hope know that he will have the chance to do that in the future because he is a fantastic coach. 

Usually, married "student" couples like us would look forward to the much needed break of summer, but I actually will see him even less due to the nature of his job. So I look forward to September when I have my husband back. I'm not complaining, I really admire and appreciate his dedication and hard work for our family, but I miss him!

As for his career plans, so far Garth knows that he loves teaching, and will most likely be going back to get his education degree. He doesn't know what type of teaching he wants to do whether it be in the classroom, administration etc, but I know in time he will figure it out. If there is one person I see excelling in life, it is Garth. 

"Are you taking a picture of me?"
Back in the beginning of December I got called to be the Primary Chorister! It is a crazy fun calling. It is more time consuming and rewarding than any other calling I have ever had. I enjoy finding new ways to teach and sing songs. I think music is such an important part of the gospel and there is nothing better than hearing a group of sweet beautiful children singing about how they know Jesus loves them. Recently, we did a fun "Guess the Song About Love" gameshow for a Valentine's activity, and then the past 2 weeks have been "Singing Time Olympics" which has been my favorite activity so far. In April, the primary kids are singing their favorite primary song called "Gethsemane" in Sacrament meeting. You need to listen to this song, it makes me cry every time.

Here are a couple other things we were up to this month:

The weather in January was actually fairly nice (At least in the two weeks we were back) so we liked to go on walks to the library. When it wasn't so nice, we would go walk around the mall. Grant loves being out of the house.



We have been to a couple of the U of L basketball games this semester. Eric and Katie came over for dinner one night and we went to the game together.



As I mentioned in a previous post, one of my very best friends is engaged! She hired me to write a song for them/sing it at their wedding so I was in complete and udder shock when she asked me to be one of her bridesmaids! I am so happy and so excited! I can't wait to be a part of the whole planning process and a part of their special day in July of 2015.





Grant started swimming lessons this month! Swimming is one of my favorite things to do, My grandparents have a pool in their backyard in Calgary so I grew up taking lessons and swimming every  day in the summers. I know so many kids that are 3-5 years old that are scared or not comfortable in the water and I really don't want that to be my kids. 

Luckily I planned for a time where Garth could come and so we alternate every week who gets to swim with him. Some might think that swimming lessons for babies would be pretty pointless but over the past month I have already seen growth and improvement. He is literally unfazed when dunked under the water and will actually do back floats, whereas before he didn't like putting his head in the water.

It is a half an hour long, 20 minutes of songs and games, mixed with life jacket safety and baby boats and then you move over to the warmer baby pool to do whatever you please. Grant loves going down the slide. 









This month I have also started the process of releasing my music. There is a lot to think about and do to get your music released so I have a lot of work to do within the next 5 months. I can't wait to finally share what I have worked so hard at!



My best friend's sister is amazing at web design and designed my whole website for me which can be found by clicking HERE. There are a couple updates that still to be done but I am very happy with it!

My new blog header

She also designed my new music blog that I will be using to keep everyone updated on my musical endeavours.  You can check out and follow my blog HERE. I figure now that I am getting the ball rolling, I will have lots to blog about. 

2014 is going to be exhilarating and I can't wait. This is my year and I am going to enjoy every minute of it!

-A.




No comments:

Post a Comment