Friday, 8 August 2014

Weeks 5-14

1st Trimester Fun

I found out I was pregnant around week 5 and by week 6 the nausea hit me. Luckily, I had learned the second time around and started taking diclectin right away! It didn't get rid of the sickness BUT I didn't throw up once! Not once! This is a huge blessing to me because with Grant I threw up on average like 4 times a day. 

The diclectin made me really tired, and well, I was growing a human, so when I wasn't taking care of Grant I was sleeping. Luckily, I had a grace period between about 3:00- 6:00 pm where I felt okay enough to go out and do things with Grant to keep him happy. But after 6:00 I was done for the day.

I never want to be pregnant in a city where I don't have a doctor again. It was so frustrating dealing with walk in clinics and doctors who have no idea what they are doing. The day after I found out I was pregnant we went to a clinic to make sure. Apparently they just believed me and sent me on my way with the paperwork to go get my blood work done. I did that, and then a couple days later I get a call from that same clinic telling me I need to come in ASAP, and it was regarding my blood work. I got super scared, because I thought no news was good news and with Grant I never got a call about it. I called Garth who came and got me and took me into the office. We waited for about 2 hours until we finally got in and the doctor walked in. The first thing the doctor said was "Everything is fine....but... it looks like you are pregnant!" I felt like I should have been mad, but I was too relieved to care. He said to come back in at 12 weeks and they would do a check up and hear the heartbeat etc. 

When we went back in at 12 weeks, after waiting for over an hour, walked in and the first thing the doctor said was "So why are you here?" I explained that I was told to come back in at this time to check the heartbeat and she immediately got defensive and rudely exclaimed that they couldn't have told me that because they don't do that there. I was so frustrated that I just walked out of the room and never went back. 

 We called a couple clinics around the city looking for someone who does and it turns out a lot of clinics here don't do that.  That has been the most frustrating part about this whole thing. I just want to hear my baby. I want that more than anything. And they also wouldn't give me a 6 week ultrasound when I first went in because they also "don't do that". Useless, I tell ya.

Anyway, so I am very anxious for my 19 week ultrasound, because if I can't hear the heartbeat, I at least want to see my baby!

Here is my little bump at the end of my first trimester. Apparently at 12 weeks the baby is the size of a lime.

12 weeks- a little bit of a bump poking through!

Week 13-14

I kind of dropped the ball and didn't take any pictures for week 13 or 14. But the baby grew from the size of a tangerine to a nectarine. It's vital systems are fully developed and the face is beginning to look more human like, All its teeth are formed under the gums and he/she can smile! The digestive system and lungs have both started functioning.
During those weeks we shared the news with Rex & Bet (over skype, because they are on their mission in Ireland), my cousin Erica (through an email because she is on her mission in Portland), my parents, sisters and two of my closest friends. I told all the Vivint Wives at about 10 weeks, because I was already showing and thought it was better then them thinking I was getting fat haha. 

My family came to visit us in Edmonton so we waited to tell them in person. We told them that because they wouldn't be able to come to Wasa with us in the fall, we had planned something for us to do together around New Years. And then we gave them a present to open, which was my 12 week picture above saying "Baby #2 arriving Jan 5, 2015". There were squeals, laughs, tears and lots of hugs.

I am definitely excited for this next trimester, for the sickness to leave and to finally see and hear my baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment