Monday 17 August 2015

Lonely March

March was kind of a blur.

Garth and I would skype every morning when he woke up at 6 am (he was 18 hours ahead) so that always played a huge role in getting me through the day.

I found taking care of two kids without Garth very challenging. I was always needed by one or the other, but I feel like I did the very best that I could. I would have died if I didn't have my family around to help. Sometimes after a hard day I would just cry to him on Skype and he always made me feel better assuring me that it would all be over and he would be home soon. Sometimes (lots of times) I would stay up until 2 in the morning so I could skype with him again when he got home from work and we would be up till 4 talking. Needless to say I was always tired. I just couldn't get enough of him and would take every opportunity I had to talk to him.  

My major goal once I had Asher was to get back into a good habit of exercising and to lose all my baby weight. I told myself that I would take at least 30 mins everyday for myself to exercise and that would give me the energy I needed, which would in turn help me be a better mom.

So thats what I did! For the whole month of March,  I maybe got dressed 5 times. The other days I was in workout clothes or pajamas haha. Even though I didn't manage to accomplish anything else, I did it, 6 days a week, and it is 100% what got me through the lonely weeks without Garth.

Being without Garth was the hardest thing I have ever done and I don't think it was even possible for anybody to miss another human being as much as I missed him. He was so sweet and thoughtful not only always keeping me updated and sending me messages, but surprising me with gifts in the mail. I received a new pair of yellow workout pants (to help motivate me to work out) and then a couple weeks later I received a gorgeous bracelet that I had pinned on pinterest. Later on he sent gift cards to Victorias Secret for some swimsuits and workout clothes that I had had my eye on. Last but not least, he bought me two sweaters that I had also pinned. It was so fun receiving gifts in the mail addressed to 
"Amanda MyLove Forsyth" haha. I know without a doubt that I have the most thoughtful husband ever.

Even though it was a very trying time, it was so wonderful being with my boys and watching them grow. Watching Asher's personality develop and watching them interact more with each other. Hearing Grant say new words and sentences, singing new songs. I really loved being with my boys.

Here are some cute pictures:














































-A.

No comments:

Post a Comment