Friday 24 January 2014

Cousin Charlie, Aunt Jaymee and a Room Makeover

Our week in Calgary was a fun one! Garth taught me how to play dominos, we watched Olympus Has Fallen, Harry Potter 7.1 and had a short Despicable Me marathon.

I went to this cute little place called Frilly Lilly in McKenzie Towne. It was the cutest little salon I have ever been to but as for the people and their services, not my favorite.


We also got to visit Colin, Cynthia and Charlie! They fed us a delicious lunch and we spent 4 hours just visiting. That is what I love about them, you can just sit there and talk for hours and have the best time.

Charlie is a riot. He is like a mini grown up, walking, eating "grown up" food etc. During the first year of life, 4 months makes such a huge difference, but now that Grant is more mobile and active as well, I can already see them playing better than ever.

This was the only picture I had with Cynthia in it. Even though it's a little blurry, I am trying to show off her cute hair. haha 

They started wrestling each other and both ended up on the ground crying. It was hysterical.


This picture makes me laugh so hard. Look at Charlie grabbing Grant's one little toe.

Grant had lots of good bonding time with the family. I had to remind them that they will get so much time with him when we are on our trip. It is like a battle to hold that little man at that household. He loves it!
We love Aunt Carissa

Aunt Jaymee also came for a visit, bearing gifts as usual! It is always so nice to get to catch up with my best friend. I have missed her so much since she moved back to Calgary. Luckily, it is as though nothing has changed when we are together again.


Hipster baby?

For their Christmas present this year, we decided to paint my parents room. They are seriously the most self-less people I know, always thinking of others, and never doing anything for themselves. They have lived in their house for 15 years now, every room in the house has been painted and decorated, some multiple times, except for their bedroom. It has always been the same white walls. Since Garth used to work at a paint store, he picked out the colors and we surprised them with the paint on Christmas morning.

That week we all spent time prepping, priming and painting. Everybody took shifts and we managed to get it all done in 2 days. Pretty impressive for a bunch of girls who have never really painted before (minus Garth, Garth is not a girl haha that could have been bad, thank goodness for proof-reading...)

BEFORE
DURING...

AFTER


THE DARKER ACCENT WALL

It looks amazing and they were so ecstatic when they walked in and saw the finished product. Our next projects are to paint their master bathroom/closet, get some curtains in there, put their pictures back up and convince my mom to replace the furniture that they got for their wedding 26 years ago. I'm working hard on that last one ;)


On December 30th, we spent the night packing and hanging out with Grant. Both Garth and I were trying to prolong bedtime as late as we could because we couldn't bear to say goodbye. I cried a lot that night. 12 days seemed like a lifetime to me when the longest I had ever been away from him was 6 hours. I was excited to go, and I knew I would be fine as soon as we left, it was just the goodbye that was hard for me.



I can't wait to blog about our vacation, it was AMAZING.

-A.


No comments:

Post a Comment