Saturday 30 November 2013

8 Months Old.


Grant is 8 months old!


  • 18 lbs 8 oz.
  • 28 inches long
  • Still wearing same clothing sizes as last month.
  • He is still sleeping 12 hours at night. This kid loves to sleep as much as I do!
  • He still eats mainly pureed fruits, vegetables and meats; He also eats different kids of cereals and crackers. He makes it plainly obvious when he doesn't like what he is eating because he starts babbling and growling and spitting.

  • We started him on formula just before he turned 8 months. I was a little worried at first because up to that point I have given him a bottle once, but he adjusted right away. Unfortunately my boobs are taking a little longer to adjust to the change! 
  • He has approximately 3-4 8 oz. bottles a day (every 5 hours) and he eats solids twice a day.

  • Changing his diaper is a lot harder now that he is more mobile and trying to grab everything.
  • He is more friendly with strangers. Before he used to give you a blank or concerned look until he got to know you. Now, he smiles and laughs at everyone.


  • We left him with a new babysitter that he had never met before. Apparently he was great and just kept waving at her when she put him down for bed.
  • Usually takes 2 naps a day, but lately he has been taking 1 very long nap.
  • When he coughs, it sounds like a fake cough haha.



  • He has this rash over his lips that we can't seem to shake. It comes and goes and has been around for over 2 months now so we are trying to figure out the cause. It doesn't seem to bother him at all which is good.
  • I think my favorite thing that he does is raise his eyebrows when he smiles. It only happens once in a while. You can't possibly capture it in a picture, so I will have to magically capture it in a video someday, but it is the cutest thing I have ever seen.
  • When he gets really excited he starts breathing really really heavy and kicking his legs.


  • He is way more aware of what is going on around him. A couple weeks ago Garth was tickling me and I was laughing in a really distressed way, Grant didn't like that one bit and started to cry.
  • He loves reading books, especially lift the flap books!


  • He gives me wonderful, lovely kisses, where he pretty much tries to eat my face.
  • Last month he started waving his arm around and now he can wave back at you if you wave at him.
  • Attended his first basketball game. First of many I am sure.


  • He has really found his voice, he loves to yell and gets a huge kick out of it.
  • I love putting him in his bed and listening to him talk until he falls asleep.



  • I say this a lot when people bring it up, but Grant is the easiest kid ever. He doesn't really cry and he is generally always happy. He goes to sleep well every night and I didn't even know he was teething until teeth showed up. I really enjoy playing with him everyday and making him laugh is my favorite thing to do.
Here are a couple more pictures from the past month:



First SELFIE haha 
Sushi Night... for Mom and Dad

G for GRANT

 I'm one lucky momma <3

-A





No comments:

Post a Comment