Monday 10 June 2013

Our Month of May

The month of May was a month of change for us. We said goodbye to Garth's parents who left on an 18 month mission to Ireland for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. We will miss them so much, but we also know that they will have an amazing time serving the Lord and will bless so many lives. Also, we moved out of our first home as a married couple AND we moved to Edmonton for the summer for Garth's work. Oh yes, and I'm also learning how to be a mom. So there's that.

Yes, lots of changes, but I have to say that I feel like I have never been happier! I love learning more and more each day and I feel like I am starting to get the hang of this whole mom thing. Grant had a hard time adjusting the first week we were here, and to make matters worse, the air conditioning wasn't working yet, so I had a fun time dealing with a hot, fussy baby. And I learned something new, babies cry. Okay that's old news but I learned that my baby CRIES. It was a challenging time and I am glad that he is feeling more comfortable in his new home.
The temperature in our apartment...!
This is Garth's second year working for Vivint and he is absolutely loving it! I feel so blessed that he has decided to sacrifice his summer and work so hard for our family. 

Ready to go sell in the rain!

We are loving our new apartment, it is brand new so besides the fact that we are surrounded by construction and giant dirt mounds, it is pretty dang perfect. We have air conditioning (finally), and in-suite laundry which is a huge blessing! Here are some pictures:








The best part about moving to Edmonton so far has been meeting new people. Not only do we live right across the hall from Neil, Michelle and their boys, and Alex & Kensey, I have also had the privilege of meeting so many new wives who I adore already! It is so great having such an amazing support system around while your husband is working all day. So far we have been able to celebrate Kensey's Birthday and a couple of weeks ago we all went out for breakfast together which was so fun. They even gave Grant a baby gift basket which was so sweet of them. Speaking of babies, it has been so exciting to welcome 2 new babies into our office! Kensey went into labor one Saturday night while we were hanging out, that was the first time I had witnessed someone in labor that wasn't myself, and it was WAY exciting. The next day they announced that they had a baby girl named Brooklyn Mae, she has so much hair and is such an adorable little girl, just like her mom. We celebrated with a baby shower 10 days later, and all the excitement put Trixie into labor! She had a boy and named his Marius. I can't wait to meet the little guy!



Kensey's Birthday!

Brooklyn Mae's Baby Shower

I think my favorite part about this month was being able to celebrate my first Mother's Day. I truly felt so blessed to be able to spend all day with my beautiful baby boy and husband. They were so good to me and I don't think I will ever be able to express what I feel for them. I am so grateful to be this little boy's mama! He brings so much joy into my life already!




Not only did my mom and Jessica come up for a visit, I also had the chance this month to head down to Calgary and visit my family. Grant got to visit with people that he hadn't seen for awhile and he also got to meet people for the first time! I think it was record breaking how many people we were able to visit in 3 days and he was so spoiled, always being held by someone. 



So besides all that, Grant and I spend our days hanging out together just the two of us, or with his cousins or with an awesome group of wives. This month has been filled with walks, bathtimes, playing, cooing, smiles, napping, pizza monday, watching ready for love, morning times with Garth, late saturday date nights, shopping at outlets and even an awesome sunday bike ride as a couple! I can tell this is going to be a great summer because we are enjoying it so much already!









 




-A

No comments:

Post a Comment