Saturday 24 January 2015

Last Stretch (34-38 weeks)

{34-38 WEEKS}


{36 weeks}
Baby has grown from the size of: a cantaloupe (17.7 inches, 5 lbs) to a celery bunch (19.6 inches, 6.5 lbs)

Cool Developments: The bones in the baby's skull can move and overlap, allowing the baby to pass through the birth canal easily. The baby is gaining weight at the rate of 1/2 ounce a day. He/she is practicing breathing and can use it's fingers to grasp very tightly.

Movement: Feeling lots of movement all the time!

Body changes: At 37 weeks my belly measured at 44.5 inches, the exact same measurement as when I was pregnant with Grant. With Grant I grew up to 45.5 inches.

Weight gained: 30ish lbs

Maternity Clothes: You know you are too pregnant when your maternity clothes don't fit you anymore.

Comfort Level: I am very uncomfortable, all the time so it's pretty nice having Garth around to rub my legs, paint my toenails and take my pants off before bed.  My hips are always clicking and so sore which makes walking a bit of a challenge. It sounds pathetic but I am barely able to do anything but try and last through the day without falling over. 


Update: At 36 weeks I went for another ultrasound. My obstetrician knew that I was hoping for a VBAC, and because Grant was such a big baby (10 lbs 4 oz) he wanted a better idea of how big this baby was before going ahead in that direction. It was so cool being able to see our baby as a chubby baby rather than just the fetus you usually see at the halfway mark. I saw every bit of him and I couldn't believe how cute he was. It turns out at 36 weeks, our baby was approximately 7 1/2 lbs, so if I deliver on time our baby should be around 8 1/2 lbs.


Looking forward to: Meeting our little babe, obviously!...and being able to walk around Coscto without waddling or limping from the fatigue.


{38 weeks}

-A.


No comments:

Post a Comment