Monday 6 October 2014

6 Months Pregnant (21-26 Week Update)


23 WEEKS

My last update was over a month ago so a lot has changed since then!

Baby is the size of: Our baby has grown from the size of a carrot (10.5 inches & 10.5 oz.), to a papaya, pomegranate, grapefruit, zucchini and is now the size of an Eggplant (35.6 cm & 2 lbs).

Cool Developments: The baby has developed visible eyebrows, eyelashes and hair. Tastebuds are forming as well as it's sense of touch. It's ears have developed so the baby can listen to sounds. It has fully formed fingerprints and it's nostrils are starting to open. The eyes are now completely formed and will open soon!

Movement: Our baby is definitely moving around a lot more now! I notice it the most in the evening and at night, Lately I have felt it a lot in the mornings. Pretty much all the times I am sitting down or relaxing. It is so crazy to not only feel movements but watch them. That is my favorite part, when it gets to the point where you can see limbs poking you from the inside. Garth loves getting to feel all the movement as well. 

Body changes: This baby is really low, so all the little jabs and kicks are right on my bladder, I feel like I always have to pee and it is immediate. Every kick makes me want to pee my pants.

Weight gained: About 17-18ish lbs

Measurements: The baby is currently measuring 3 weeks ahead (at 23 weeks I was measuring 26 weeks) which isn't that abnormal for me because I always measured about 4 weeks ahead of schedule with Grant. This is probably just another good sized baby.

Maternity Clothes: I finally moved home and got my maternity clothes out! I now usually wear leggings and maternity jeans. My Sunday dress options are limited so I ordered another maternity dress from asos that I will hopefully be getting soon!

Anything making you queasy or sick? Food wise, no, but I always feel sick if I wait too long to eat. Lately driving in the car hasn't been that fun either.

Food cravings: Chocolate! Sweets sweets sweets. It is weird how I did a complete turn around and went from hating anything sweet and wanting salty to just craving sweets every moment of the day. I never had that when I was pregnant with Grant, I pretty much craved the same things my whole pregnancy(oranges and orange juice). Garth is pretty happy we have started having waffles with fruit for dinner again and we have been eating a lot of raspberries. My all time favorite treat right now is when Garth makes brownies or surprises me with my favorite ice cream :)



Best Moment of the Month: Finally hearing our baby's heartbeat. The doctors in Edmonton were such gongshows that I didn't get to hear it until I got back to Lethbridge. I seriously almost started crying when I heard it I felt so relieved. Garth obviously knew how much it meant to me because he leaned over and whispered "there you go baby" and kissed me on the forehead.

Birth Plans: Getting to talk to my doctor about my birth plan definitely put me at ease. Any time it was brought up that my previous delivery was a c-section, doctors and nurses would always say things like "so you will be having a c-section with this one." It really frustrated me because I felt like I didn't have any options. After talking to my actual doctor about VBACs (vaginal birth after c-sections), he made me realize the risks and referred me to the obstetrician who delivered Grant for the last 3 months of my pregnancy. They will be able to help me figure out closer to the time what I want to do and what would be best for me and the baby. My goal is to have a VBAC, but I can't decide that until closer to the time, and maybe even then it won't be my decision. I am just glad that I finally had someone listen to what I want and is taking care of me the best they know how. I have a great doctor.

Baby preparation: I went through all our old baby clothes to see what we had and what we probably needed more of. We bought some cute little clothes at the BabyGap in preparation for next summer. I also bought a baby carrier wrap from Modern Wrap which I can't wait to use! I re-organized the closet and made more room for books, toys and clothes. In the next couple of weeks we will be buying a bed for Grant to transition into. We want him out of the crib sooner so by the time the baby comes, he won't think it is his anymore.

Wedding rings on or off: On

Happy or moody most of the time: I would say a healthy dose of happy with a dash of moody and a sprinkle of crazy ;)



24 WEEKS.

-A.


1 comment:

  1. Cute cute. I hope you get the birth plan you want. Obviously a healthy baby is the most important thing, but getting to hold that baby the second it arrives and never having to let go is so awesome. I'll cross my fingers for you for no C Section!

    ReplyDelete